You have heard the phrase, “Timing is everything.” Little did you know how accurate this cliche applies to health.
A “new” science is emerging which takes into account your unique chemistry and how timing applies to it. I use the word “new” in quotes because it has its roots in Chinese medicine, a 3000-5000 year old practice. The science is called Chronobiology.
You have heard the term “body clock” or some variation thereof. In my upcoming course, “Adjusting Your Clock for Ideal Health,” I will cover major topics which show how little adjustments in timing can make a huge difference in your health.
Allow me to share some examples:
- At the University of North Caroline, patients who received cancer treatment at a specific time of day had their DNA repaired 7 times faster. Timing made the difference.
- Creativity is more easily accessed in the evening vs. day time, but logic is more “active” in the day.
- Eating according to time results in 25% weight loss, even though food intake and exercise remained the same.
- 62% of depressed patients improved drastically by being exposed to sunlight and exercising at a specific time vs. those who only exercised when they wanted to.
Basically, there are 4 personality types which are easily determined by taking a simple (written) test which takes about 7 minutes or less. Determine which personality type you are and follow the guidelines set forth via each time. Doing this will significantly improve not only your health but you can learn and improve:
– relationships (or start one)
– nap or not to nap
– how and when you can improve immunity
– even the ideal time to talk to your kids about important issues.
I hope these example piqued your interest. I will be presenting more information over the next few weeks.