With the increased awareness of the benefits of physical activity, injuries and more importantly injury prevention often comes to the forefront. Musculo-skeletal problems are most commonly associated with physical activity. Yet the muscles themselves may not always be the culprit when it comes to injury (or prevention). Have you ever experienced muscle pains, discomfort or stiffness that does not go away.
Topical treatments such as MSN or Boswellia may provide temporary relief. Nutrition such as Glucosamine or EFA may also help but not to the degree that one desires. Your chiropractor or osteopath says that all is well structurally and the puzzle gets more confusing.
If you are saying, “This is me!” we may have just the answers you are looking for. For many centuries, natural medicine has recognized the various connections and correlations within the body. One of the most overlooked correlation is the one between musclo- skeletal (emphasis on the musclo- portion) and internal organs.
Here is are the most common correlations between the internal organs and their corresponding musclo-skeletal symptoms:
– adrenals – medial knee pain (inner portion of the knee)
– gall bladder – pain in the back of the knee
– large intestine – back problems, hamstring problems and lower body fatigue
– small intestine – quadriceps problems, back pain
– bladder – ankle instability
– sex organs – gluteus pain, lack of muscle tone in the abdominal region
– liver – chest muscle (pectoralis major) pains, headaches, fatigue, upper back strain
– kidney – psoas muscle, lower back pain
Once the correlation is recognized, then use the following as a treatment guideline:
** For every one week of pain/discomfort/problem, it will take 1 physical treatment and/or 1 week of nutrition**
Some of the treatments can be found in our archived posts and we will cover the rest in future posts. For now, consider the correlation and recognize that help is available.
David is a Nutritional and Alternative Medicine Expert, Educator and Entrepreneur. As an Acupuncture Physician and Master Herbalist, he has created the best selling anti aging formula, Doc Wellness Supplement and the online school - Dr. Orman's Wellness School.