It might be common. It is part of being human. It is the most destructive of all emotions.
Anger is a poison of sorts. It alters our chemistry so much that our liver is affected, our heart, our immunity and overall wellness.
If we eat when we are angry, even a perfect diet or perfect meal is toxic to our system.
The old adage is true — control the anger or else it controls you.
Anger, from a Natural Medicine point of view is a result of one of 2 factors (in this order):
1. Congestion of the liver.
2. Weakness of the kidney
* For the majority, it is actually a combination of both.
When a person spends an inordinate time in an angry state – cursing, threatening, even violent acts toward others or animals, the Liver is considered stagnant and over-heated. The more stagnation occurs, the more heat is produced. The more heat is produced, the more anger is present. And so this horrible cycle goes on until adjustments are made.
What NOT to do
There are foods and substances that will make the matter worse. You already know them — greasy, fried foods, alcohol, sugar and lack of exercise. The 2 you may not have thought of are these — Inability or unwilling to express and unwillingness to help others.
Artists must paint. Musicians must sing or play piano or whatever instrument they fancy. Athletes much train. This is the way we are “wired” so to speak. When the individual does not express this deep desire, stagnation of energy is the end result. You know the sequence of what happens next. . . .
Same thing with unwilling to help others. When selfishness overtakes a person, they engage in acts which hurt others. . . and refuse to change. When “It is all about me” mentality takes over, again, the liver becomes stagnant and it is the same old story.
We do not always think of how emotions or behavior affect the organs, but there is a 100% direct correlation. We do not live in a vacuum.
What TO Do
1. Re-read all of the above and do the opposite. Write the poem that is inside of you. Learn the language you have been wanting to learn. Sign your song. Run your race. Broaden your life. You living in a smaller and smaller existence helps no one, especially YOU.
Do for others. Help an elderly person today. Buy someone lunch. Adopt a dog. Feed the birds that have been adding music to your life. Someone needs YOU. . . . . now.
2. Consider either the herb Bupleurum or Paeonia (red paeonia). Either individually or as part of a personalized formula (I am expert in this area. Call me and I will design one for you.). This will move the energy in your liver and improve your overall health and emotional wellness.
3. Anything green. Anything that is green, fresh and leafy will be a huge help in moving the liver energy. Kale and spinach are the stars of the show here.
4. Practice forgiveness, both for you and for the perceived problem(s) caused by another.
Easier said than done? No, that is just a story you have been telling yourself. Forgiveness can happen in a second.
To address the kidney. . . . .
Look for Part 2
Dr. David Orman is the creator of the best selling anti aging formula, Doc Wellness Supplement. He has lectured to Congress, written 2 books, taught at major universities, had the most successful practice in S. Florida and has been a pioneer in Natural Medicine and Anti Aging on the Internet since 1998.
In his private life, David is an avid martial artist, holding 3 black belts and started the first and only Russian Martial Arts school in Greater Orlando. He also run marathons, does Shodo and is learning Russian language.
David is a Nutritional and Alternative Medicine Expert, Educator and Entrepreneur. As an Acupuncture Physician and Master Herbalist, he has created the best selling anti aging formula, Doc Wellness Supplement and the online school - Dr. Orman's Wellness School.