Help with weight loss is the number one request I get. It is also considered the major issue in the past 15 years and probably the next 15. It is a challenge but one that you can overcome.
Here are 4 simple, powerful methods to help:
- Use spices. Certain spices will increase your fat burning capacity. The most effective are Tumeric, Ginger, Cinnamon and Black Pepper. They provide internal heat, which the body will then burn as calories. As a general rule, foods such as proteins and the above spices will be the ideal.
- Tea For Two. Specific teas have been used for centuries as an effective way of improving health and maintaining overall wellness. The top ones to focus on are Green Tea, Pu’erh and Yerba Mate tea. . . . in this order. Most people are aware of the benefits of Green Tea. The most substance is known as EGCG which is a fat burner. I have used Pu’erh and find it as good if not better. It is not as stimulating as Green Tea but provides the same fat burning benefits. Yerba Mate is a diuretic and should be used when there is a sensation of bloating.
- The Magic of 3. The idea of eating 5-6 smaller meals is simply wrong. Unless you are a professional bodybuilder and/or training 6 hours a day, this approach will cause many problems. At the top of the list, this can be a contributor to pancreatic issues, particularly diabetes. In addition, it does NOT boost metabolism. Get used to eating “by the clock.” Three meals a day, consumed at roughly the same time will go a long way to reshape your body and strengthen your spleen. Avoid snacks.
- Do Sprints or HIT training. Start a couple of times a week and for most people, this is enough. If it is not working, go up to 5 times a week. What I am referring to are sprints and/or High-Intensity Training. To make this short and sweet. . . imagine you are holding a steak in your hand, and 2 German Shepherds are about to chase you. What would you do? RUN and RUN hard!
In more formal terms:
- Do a 3-5 minute warm up.
- Run hard for 20 seconds (as if they hungry German Shepherds were behind you)
- Recover for 10 seconds
- Repeat. . . .Start with 2 or 3 and work your way up to 10 or more.
Yes, it is hard, and it is the most effective training you will experience. If you are not a fan of running, you can do this with anything, from cycling to rowing to push ups. In fact, you may wish to split this — half for the upper body and half for the lower body. Ex/ 4 20-seconds ON/10 seconds OFF -sprints, 4 20-seconds ON/10 seconds OFF pushups.
Integrating these 4 into your routine will pay major dividends!
Dr. David Orman has lectured to Congress, taught at major colleges and universities, been featured in The Washingtonian Magazine and has had over 30 professional journal articles published. He can be reached at David@docwellnessworld.com.
JOIN Dr. Orman’s Wellness School. Learn about herbs, weight loss, pain reduction, improving sleep, making medicinal wine, exercises for back strengthening and so much more. These are just a few of the topics we will be covering in my online Wellness School. Each week, there will be a featured lesson. In addition, I will answer any question you may have. We will have bonus sections and features along the way also. JOIN NOW. Enter at any time. Learn at your own pace. CLICK HERE to start!