According to Harvard’s School of Public Health, sugary drinks are a major problem and contributor to poor health. Consumption is increasing primarily due to “creative” and continual marketing efforts.
Here are the 5 major reasons why people should dramatically reduce their intake of sugary drinks such as sodas:
- They have a negative impact on the teeth. Not only are they a contributor to cavities, the carbonation leeches calcium from the teeth themselves, making them appear slightly transparent and much weaker.
- Rsearch by the U. of California has shown 2 or more cans of any carbonated drink a day makes you age more quickly due to the shortening of the chromosome-protecting ends of DNA called telemeres .
- Liver damage. Yes, it is not just alcohol. The Journal of Hepatology reported that carbonated beverages do as much damage as booze.
- Obesity contributor. This is the obvious one. The high volume of sugar is THE major factor in the obesity issue today.
- Daily consumption increases prostate cancer risk by 44%. Undoubtedly, it is a contributor to other major health issues as well.
Once in a while, a Coke or Dr. Pepper is rather enjoyable. When the “once in a while” become once a week, which becomes daily, is where the problems amplify.
Dr. David Orman is the creator of the popular “Dr. Orman’s Wellness School” found at www.hghplus.net/wellness-school. He is also the creator of the best selling anti aging formula, Doc Wellness HGH Supplement.