Everyone experiences bouts of insomnia now and again. It is when they continue and become a pattern or habit that problems begin to arise. Here are a number of simple and safe methods to help in these instances.
- Take a brief nap: about 20 minutes in the afternoon, preferably lying down in a darkened room around 3pm.
- Go outside and bask in the sunlight. This will not only improve your sleep pattern but aid the body with additional levels of Vitamin D.
- Be in dim light, even before you go to bed. Lower the lights will begin to reset the sleep patterns.
- If your mind is on hyper mode when you get into bed, slow down your internal dialogue. Literally. G ooo o ut ooooffff yooour waaaay to speak more slowwwwlyy insidddde yourrr mmmind. In other words, “stretch” out the words and this simple method will go a long way to a long restful sleep.
- Supplements. Valerian and scullcap are excellent herbs for aiding in sleep. Taking minerals at night too will be helpful.