This post could have easily been named “Picking the perfect foods for fat loss” as regular consumption of these 5 protein sources will aid in your fat loss program. In fact, people who ate twice the recommended daily value for protein AND exercising, lost more fat and kept more lean muscle versus those who stuck with the government’s recommendations (RDA).
In April 2014, a study came out that showed those who consume a high protein diet reduced cravings for sugars in the evening, stabilized blood sugar and insulin and reduced risk of diabetes.
Want to maximize your exercising? Consume protein 30 minutes after your session. This will lead to greater calorie burning and improvement of lean muscle mass.
I can go on and on about the benefits but you get the picture. Now, here are the Elite 5:
- Lean Buffalo. Contains high amounts of iron and zinc to boost immunity as well as having 24g of protein per 3 ounces.
- Salmon. Excellent source of omega fat for reducing inflammation and also has high amounts of Vitamin B12. 22g of protein per 3 ounces.
- Tofu. Bet you did not see this one coming. High amounts of calcium and a popular choice for our vegetarian friends. 20g of protein per 1/2 cup.
- Greek Yogurt. 12-17g of protein per cup and high amounts of calcium and Vitamin D as well.
- Eggs. 6 grams of protein per egg and rich in choline which is vital for brain health.
These are the top 5. There are certain others, but these remain the most beneficial not only as a source for protein, but for their “side benefits” as well.
For a more extensive list, go to http://bembu.com/fat-burning-foods