Let us begin with the organ that is responsible for over 300 known functions. It is also the organ associated with 2 types of vision:
- “I can easily read that sign” type of vision.
- “I finally can SEE options in my life.” A type of inner vision.
This organ also deals with the emotions of anger, frustration, and depression. Feeling “blue.” Address this organ and your natural state of happiness and joy will have a tendency to shine forth.
Problems with ligaments and tendons? This organ is responsible.
Keep it healthy and all of the above will be addressed as well. The organ of which I speak is the Liver.
There are a number of ways and a number of substances which can greatly help the liver either remain strong or if congested, clear the “blockages” and get the energy flowing again.
Here are the top 3 examples:
- Lemon. Anything and everything lemon. The taste – sour – is associated with keeping the liver healthy. Starting the day with some lemon water will go a long way toward overall health of the liver.
- Castor oil packs. The liver is located on the right side of the upper torso, just below the chest/breast area. Rub some castor oil on the skin, put a dry towel over it and then a hot pack or heating pad. Pick up your favorite book or pop in the latest episode of Sherlock and relax for about 45 minutes. Castor oil helps improve the functioning of the liver, detoxes this organ and elevates the immune system.
- This is a partial list of the most commonly used herbs for detoxifying the liver: milk thistle, burdock root, dandelion root. They are listed in order of strength starting with most potent down to mildest. If you are concerned about a strong reaction, consider starting with one of the above in tea form. They are much more gentle and can ease your way into a healthy detoxification.
There are many, many other methods but these are the ones that I have most the most effective, having treated 1000s of patients over the years.
If you are uncertain when or how to begin, call, text or email me. We can set up a personalized Doc Wellness Visit.