Slice of watermelon
It is one of those substances that everyone either likes or loves. Think about it. Have you EVER heard anyone say they do not like watermelon?
It is the perfect summer treat, not just because it tastes great. Watermelon has quite a bit of health benefits. For example:
- Can be consumed on a regular basis due to its low-calorie content.
- High in antioxidants such as Vitamin C
- A good source of vitamins B6 and B1
- A good source lycopene, which helps reduce the risk of prostate and other cancers as well as improve vision.
- For the summer, it is considered excellent to clear “summer heat;” that is, it will cool the core and prevent dehydration and heat related issues common in the summer months.
Overall, watermelon is an excellent substance.
Dr. David Orman is the creator of Dr. Orman’s Wellness School as well as the best selling, Doc Wellness Supplement.